On April 10, 1017, an Ascension Parish Grand Jury returned a True Bill of Indictment on 39 year old Matthew Morris of Baton Rouge, LA., owner of Complete Construction Contractors, on a total of 84 charges relating to contractor fraud. At this time, 18 victims have come forward with allegations of fraudulent operations by Morris. A breakdown of the indicted charges is as follows:
- Residential Contractor Fraud (17 counts)
- Misapplication of Payments (14 counts)
- Theft of Assets of Aged Persons (9 counts)
- Filing False Public Records (11 counts)
- Engaging in Contracting Without a License (16 counts)
- Insurance Fraud (17 counts)
Assistant District Attorney Phil Maples is the lead prosecutor on this case. Morris remains incarcerated awaiting arraignment. An arraignment date has not been set at the time of this release.
If you think that you may be a victim of contractor fraud, you are urged to contact the Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office or the 23rd Judicial District Attorney’s Office.